Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crafting for Life event on Saturday

I went to my first all day crafting event.  It was so much fun.  I made baby announcements and enjoyed fellowship with  friends.  I tried to crochet but my wrist hurt and I felt pretty awkward when my hand stiffened up.  I really liked to see what others were working on.  The quilters were working on quilted baby bags and fabric burpers, the scrapbookers were catching up on their family pages, one jewelry maker was creating sparkly wire crochet masterpieces, and one of my friends was painting a lovely flower.  It was inspiring to be around so many creative people!  I won some lovely flowered accents and papers in the raffle and I tried my hand at designing a "make and take" acrylic frame.  I almost burned my fingers on the embossing blower.  It was hard to keep the flowers from  blowing away.  One of the event sponsors offered a percentage off at her scrapbook store and so I did a little shopping.  We had a tour of the Crisis Pregnancy Center and learned about the services they provide.  The director was warm, cordial and answered all our questions.  It was a blessed day!  It reminded me of Ladies' Retreat at the hotsprings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment